Use this activity to create a custom form.
To open the what-you-see-is-what-you-get editor, click Open Form Designer in the body of the activity.
The form you configure retrieves all the data the end user inputs and stores it in variables which can be further used in the automation process.
The Do block in the activity enables you to perform subsequent actions when the form opens or while the form is running.
The properties in this category refer to common activity settings.
- Display Name (String)—Sets the name for this activity. For example,
"User Registration Form".
- ExecuteDoBlockFirst (Boolean)—To execute the activities in the Do block before opening the form, check this box. By default, the checkbox is cleared (set to
- FormTitle (String)—Sets the title for your form, seen by the business users. For example,
- Isolated (Boolean)—To run the form in a separate Windows process, check this box. Selecting this check box enables Validation Station and Callouts to run seamlessly from the same process. By default, the checkbox is cleared (set to
- Timer (Int32)—Sets the amount of time in seconds until the form is automatically closed. For example,
50. By default, no value is provided, meaning the form must be closed manually.
The properties in this category refer to data that is linked to the automation process.
[!!! Clarify when to use In, Out, In/Out and document it. Ask for examples.]
- FormFieldsCollection (Dictionary<String, Argument>)—Binds workflow variables to the form Field Keys. Use In or In/Out directions for input form fields. Use Out or In/Out directions for output form fields. For example, in the Name field add the string
First Name, set the Direction to
In/Out, and set the Type to
String. <<<This creates a -- ask for explanation of what happens with these variables, ask for example>>>
- GenerateInputFields (Boolean)—To add the fields defined in the collection to the form, check this box. By default, the checkbox is selected (set to
The property in this category refers to table data in forms (DataTable schemas - what is a schema?)
check if my understanding is correct
- MaxColumnsForSchemaGeneration (Int32)—Sets the maximum number of generated columns for DataTable schemas. The default values is 6.
The properties in this category refer to the form appearance and format.
- DisableMaximize (Boolean)—To deactivate the Maximize and Restore buttons on forms, check this box. By default, the checkbox is cleared (set to
- DisableMinimize (Boolean)—To deactivate the Minimize and Restore buttons on forms, check this box. By default, the checkbox is cleared (set to
- FormHeig ht (Int32)—Sets the desired height for the form, in pixels. The default height is 400.
- FormWidth (Int32)—Sets the desired width for the form, in pixels. The default width is 800.
- IsReadOnly (Boolean)—To prevent form fields from being edited, check this box. Fields marked as Always Enabled are not affected by this option. By default, the checkbox is cleared (set to
- WindowPositionX (Int32)—Sets the form left margin position, in pixels.
- WindowPositionY (Int32)—Sets the form top margin position, in pixels.
The property in this category refers to the JSON input data.
- FormFieldsInputData (String)—Passes
JSONinput data to the form and overwrites the values defined in the FormFieldsCollection field. For Data Grid components, structure the JSON as an array.
The property in this category refers to miscellaneous settings.
<<<<!!! What does Verbose level mean, could we explain it to the users? is it redundant?>>>
- Private (Boolean)—To skip logging variables and arguments at Verbose level, check this box. By default, the checkbox is cleared (set to
The properties in this category refer to the output data settings.
<<<<how do you configure these fields, and how are they used>>>>
<INSTRUCT USER HOW THE ACCESS THE OUTPUT DATA>>.
< GET A CLEARER DESCRIPTION FOR EACH CATEGORY>
- Dismissed (Boolean)—Outputs
truewhen the end user closes the form without providing any input. For example,
- FormFieldsOutputData (String)—The
JSONdata that results from the form upon completion. Fo example,
- SelectedButton (String)—Outputs the form UI elements the end user interacted with. For example,
To get a better insight on the Create Form activity, check the sample workflows below:
<<provide here the workflow exemplified in the tables, so the user can easily track the properties>
Updated 4 months ago